Monday 13 October 2008

Leisure

I talked to a friend on the phone the other day telling her how good I have become at not bringing work home any more. "What do you do then?" she wondered, workoholic as we all are. I haven't asked myself this question. I have just been proud of not bringing work home. What do I do when I come home from work? I don't have to cook because Staffan waits for me with dinner ready. I do help to clean the table. We talk. If the weather is fine we sit in the garden. We go outside and look at the boats on the river. Sometimes we listen to music. I go to the gym. I blog and read some other blogs and discussion forums. I do something with the doll house. I do nothing in particular. I am. For the first time in my life I simply am. Then I go to bed and read a non-work-related book.

No comments: