Monday 29 September 2008

Decisions, decisions

In the morning, I have two options. I can take the car, which is convenient, and as Staffan is away, he won’t need it. I can bike, which is ecologically correct, good exercise and in every respect laudable. I make myself ready for biking and start toward the shed when I happen to look at the thermometer. It is nine degrees. It also starts drizzling. I go inside, take off the biking gear and open the front door. Now, unlike our cat, I don’t believe that the weather is radically different at the back and front door, but for some reason it feels warm and nice. I turn back and take the bike. It does drizzle a bit, but by the time I get to work the sun is out. The distance seems to shrink each time, and I even tackle the uphill bridge.


Next week is Travel to Work week. We are asked to record how we go to work and back. There is a prize of a bottle of champagne. I am determined to win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think for champagne you may need a touch more originality than cycling. Doesn't champagne belong with hot air balloon flights? Lydia (the nordic walker)

Maria Nikolajeva said...

Maybe, but are hot air balloons a good ecological choice?